Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Mornig had not yet arrived.

The morning had not yet arrived.
Art to me is an everyday, all day experience. Much more than the skills and procedures. These are necessary to express the person that an artist is on a canvas or art creation. Similar to a banker, baker or candle stick maker. They each see the world according to who they are. It is who you are and how you see the world. With that thought in mind I am also going to put in here where the art comes from and why.
The morning had not yet arrived. I however, had arisen (how often do you get to use that word? is it a word? Is to me.) earlier than the sun and slipped down to my studio. I could feel the excitement of the day in the darkness and quiet. Today was to be a full day of painting!!!! As I stood in the quiet looking at all my artistic endeavors in their different stages I smiled. ( Artists have artistic endeavors we do not have stuff or junk! Each piece is waiting to be included as part of an artistic expression. We also do not have disorganized clutter. We have a mysterious arrangement of moving items in the process of transformation. My studio is like this. Some, who are not artists, would call it a terrible mess, with bits and pieces, of all sorts of things, piled every which way. Wait my wife is an artist and she thinks it's a mess. Well........ her creative "eye" is different from mine. yea, that's the ticket.) As I was saying, I smiled. This day needed to be engaged! Mystro! Music!
I strapped on my CD player selected the music that fit my mood and walked out into the darkness. Around the house and up the hill to the front patio. Facing East I waited. The sky was a band of bright crimson low on the horizon. A prelude of the energy and colors of the day. As the music swept along with my inner excitement I started to dance. A dance ( read this as uncoordinated movements usually associated with epilepsy) to the morning sun rise. And then came the song! Rich powerful and full of emotion matching my own energy! I sang.( our neighbors are not very close or out at this hour. A very good thing.) Complete! The day was beginning! The sun was rising and the world, as I knew it, was unbelievably fantastic!!!
With this elation I turned and wandered back to the studio. I smiled from deep inside.
The paint and brushes, today, were my friends. The entity of the picture was happy and reminded me of what needed to be done. The work was easy and the joy of the morning was there in the colors and brush strokes. All was good. This was why I am an artist.
The goal has always been the same. When I was about 18 some one asked me why I did art. My reply then and now is " I want to take all the beauty and feelings of joy that are in a rose that I see and feel and give it to another and have them experience the same thing." I'm still trying. All that I experience becomes my art. Each and everything I see enters the catalog in my mind and becomes part of the picture when required. The feelings that I have are infused in what I create again from the catalog. This is not a conscious process. It is more of a melting pot of intuitive reaction to the art being created. It is who I am. I believe that the banker, baker and candle stick maker do the same thing. Well they probable dance and sing better, but you get the idea.
This is a bit of where the art comes from. Thank-you.

ps: Pictures that may show my studio are not part of a government disaster area. There is no state of emergency in my studio. Objects that are unidentifiable and do not appear normally on earth are not a threat. This is Arizona after all we have lots of visitors :)

No comments:

Post a Comment