Monday, December 24, 2012

The difference

I have just come to a realization  Wait ...... the art of writing is  approached differently than the rest of my art! Now.... DUH!!!!! Pretty much what I do is not planned it is spontaneous. Hmmmmmmm I remember a point in time when I said " well you have to be completely comfortable with the procedures, tools and materials to be able to really catch and portray what floats in from the universe". I was taking about painting a picture and how practicing all the classical ways of doing paintings were very necessary to successfully capture a spontaneous creation. Simple put, you must know, with out conscious thought, what and how to do what needs to be done because you have done it so much that it is a subconscious part waiting to be used when the feeling requires it and not the thought.
No kidding you say! All of everything in life is this way! Jump in then Practice practice.
I used to climb at a climbing gym. Great fun! Loved it! I had been doing it for a while and one night I noticed a young father sitting watching his son, 6 years old or so, climbing, I could see that the father wanted to be up there climbing. Every part of him was completely craving to be up there. I sat down next to him and asked " Do you want to climb?" He said " I can't climb" I said I will show you it's great fun" With out taking his eyes of the wall where his son was having the time of his life he said " I would look funny and everyone would know I can't climb". I guess that he did not want to look bad in front of his son. I always remember that when ever I hesitate on doing something new. I was about 45 at the time of the conversation and it had not been that long before that I had been looking "funny" as I learned to climb. I had looked funny practicing and practicing and always had great fun.
So why am I getting all worked up about this writing thing? ( Stamp foot with hands waving in the air and screaming.......). The question is, am I willing to let others control what I do by the, solid as smoke, pressure of what "THEY MIGHT THINK!"
Thank you for letting me share. If you will excuse me I have to get back to work now.

Now where did I leave that key? He thought."Ahhh there it is" he whispered. And gathering it up he set off down the tunnel that was all comfy and warm to the door by the beautiful blue stone. Mr. Mouse did indeed have the key to what lay beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment